Compare VPS Plans Web Performances
This page allows you to compare the live web performance of VPS systems using a variety of metrics. The data is generated by running a web application on the selected VPS, generally for a full week and collection metrics. 1 week is 1M HTTP requests on average.
Pick one or more provider plans, pick metrics and submit. Characteristics of the selected plans
and performance graphs will be updated.
- resptime_total_ms is the mean duration of an HTTP request in milliseconds. Lower is better.
- resptime_db_ms is the mean duration spent in the database to serve an HTTP request. It's a good indication of the disk speed. Lower is better.
- pxx values are percentiles. For example, the p95_total_ms represents the min duration of the 5% slowest requests. A large gap between the p50 and p99 shows that the performance of the VM are uneven and that there may be noisy neighbours.
- cpu_idle is the percentage of the CPU that is unused. Higher is better.
- iowait is the percentage of the CPU that is spent waiting for IO. In the VpsBenchmarks environment, IO is mostly disk. Therefore iowait is also a good indicator of disk speed. Lower is better.
Pick VPS Provider Plans and Metrics
Lower is better